Wednesday, September 5, 2012

"almost like he was trying to be offensive"


"almost like he was trying to be offensive"

Angie Person

 10:40 AM  -       -  Public
Today I worked with someone that is the exact opposite of everything I believe, politically, religiously and personally. He was very outspoken about his beliefs, and I did not agree with anything he said in regards to the above topics. 
It was almost like he was trying to be offensive. I just nodded and smiled, and didn't comment on the topics I disagreed with him on.
He finally asked me, "did I make you angry?"
I said "no. You have opinions, and you are just as entitled to them as I am to mine." 
We spent the rest of the shift talking about his dogs and his baby. He's actually a pretty cool dude. 
There is always middle ground. I wish more people tried to find it.
My reply:
Thanks for sharing this sentiment +Angie Person (and love your joke, +Dean Propst).  In a great convo with my guys+John Crow and +Dan Nichols, we, also, just figured out that we have plenty that we agree on, and plenty we can help each other, and we're better off moving on to that, when things get heated.
#loveit  
#cantweallgetalong