Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fit "this": my foot in your ass #hr #crm

‎"Maybe you’re right. Maybe I’m not the best fit for your company. But here’s a nice fit, my foot in your ass."




Taylor Grey Meyer had had enough, and she wasn’t going to take it anymore.
The 31-year-old Southern California resident with a master’s degree in sports management had been trying to get a job - any job - since December when she got a letter from a prospective employer that made her snap.
After being rejected by the San Diego Padres baseball team over 30 times for a variety of jobs in every area from sales to selling tickets, Meyer received an email from the team inviting her to pay $495 to attend a "Combine,” or glorified hiring fair, where they told her she would meet employers and have a chance at one of 50 jobs they were looking to fill.
"I'd just had it," Meyer told the Daily News. “I felt like, in this market especially, that employers - the Padres - were preying on job seekers who were desperate for jobs.”
She quickly fired off a harsh response, full of the pent-up aggression that had been building up during her unemployment.
“After careful review, I must decline," she wrote back to the Padres’ email. "I realize I may be burning a bridge here, but in the spirit of reciprocity, I would like to extend you a counter-offer to suck my d---.”
She continued to blast the team’s hiring process, detailing her saga of rejection with heavy sarcasm.
"Let’s talk about why I wasn’t a good fit with your organization," she wrote.
"Was it my extensive education that made me less of a fit, that now paying $500 will allow me to overcome? My graduate work in sports commerce? Being a law student, working toward becoming an agent? Was it my past experience overseeing the execution of national and international events? Wait, I know, maybe it was my previous internship with Major League Soccer, and that I actually got my ‘start’ in professional sports at the age of 15 when I volunteered at a minor league ballpark in my hometown."
Meyer closed her retort by turning the tables.
"Maybe you’re right. Maybe I’m not the best fit for your company. But here’s a nice fit, my foot in your ass."
She didn't think twice about firing off the email, which she assumed no one would ever see.
“It felt good,” she said. “I was laughing while I did it - it wasn’t intended to be mean. It was nothing but cathartic.”