Saturday, September 3, 2011

http://osakabentures.com/2011/09/trib...

http://osakabentures.com/2011/09/triberr-tripping-2/

Triberr Tripping 2/2
Posted by OsakaSaul on September 3, 2011 in English | 1 Comment

Continuing a terrific exchange of comments with @extremejohn, after reading and commenting on the blog of yet another acquaintance I know through Triberr. I titled this post “Triberr Tripping” because I could really relate with John, having helped a number of people who “tripped up” in the choice of tribes they joined, and pondered tribe-jumping or even leaving Triberr completely.

John replied:

Thanks for stopping by to comment I appreciate your feedback and the great detail you went to in order to explain your thoughts on various Triberr features.

I would imagine everyone’s case is different, but with Triberr and my own experience I can tell you that.

1) I login in and approve/remove posts 2x daily on Triberr. So not being on auto, doesn’t effect those Tribes that I’m in.
2) None of the people I’ve “met” on Triberr, incuding Dino (owner) actually communicate and interact on Twitter.
3) In regards to leaving Tribes that I don’t want to share posts to my “precious Twitter account” from. I wasn’t really faced with that issue until this weekend. I’m not a cat guy, so retweeting posts and Flickr pictures of cats won’t work for my “precious” twitter account. I will be leaving that Tribe.
4) If it’s only the “once in a while post” that I don’t choose to retweet the last thing I would want to do is go auto. It would let those tweets through, and for example sakes use my reference to “cats” above. IF, I just flipped the auto switch, my followers would be like wtf?
5) No one has EVER accepted an invite via inbreeding

Overall there’s a good chance I’ll make the decision to leave Triberr here soon as aside from a few of the same faces retweeting my articles and some nonsensical crying by the member listed above and even Dino himself via an email the other day I’ve seen no real social value in the tool. I’m not an idiot by any means and I get what Triberr’s about and I’m willing to say I know enough about WHO belongs to Triberr and it’s real goal, etc to talk very specifically about what Triberr is about.

I guess it comes down to what Dino said in his response, “People are invited in to Tribes.” Don’t invite me in to a tribe if you haven’t 1) Done your homework on me, because I’m more then fair but I don’t do bullshit and 2) Don’t invite me in to your tribe if you’re just looking for an auto-bot to add to your exposure rate, because I don’t retweet content that has nothing to do with either social media, small business, local business, networking, marketing, recent news, or tech. Pretty broad brush there..

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by and show your support for Triberr and share your insights to a few of the different areas of Triberr.
I commented:

Many thanks for a thoughtful and detailed reply. I needed to wait until I could block off enough time to reply to you diligently. Let me do that point by points, as per you reply.

1) Manual setting: while you log in often, not everyone is as considerate. Also, as the guy who has invested sometimes 1-2 hours to satisfy just one blogger’s concerns that Triberr will not spam or flood their Twitter timeline, and, and, and… I do see it as a comment on their lack of confidence in what I have painstakingly built – when (some, not you) go manual, and while all of us tweet all your stuff, you, in turn pick and choose.
2) Many of the people I have met through Triberr – including Dino – communicate, share, talk guest-blogging, Pam and Janet enlist

other bloggers and influencers into joining their dynamic and educational #getrealchat and other Twitter chats, and so do you. And so do I. We watch our mentions, and when engaged, get talking with you. What can I do to you today, John? See if I’m wrong by mentioning – publicly (though I follow you) – @osakasaul. Only, keep it *extreme*. There are enough niceguys out there.
3) The best of bloggers occasionally post rubbish. Chiefs can’t foresee everything that bloggers he invites will spew out from their blogs. As for the “cat lady,” I totally get that, agree, and have learned that most invites I get should be declined.

You see, while you (correctly) hold the Chief accountable for inviting you, and perhaps not reading enough of your blog to know what he and his tribe members should expect from you, with respect, you will fair better, be far happier if you would take the time to peruse the blogs already associated with a tribe before accepting invites. On the other hand, while the old Triberr member list used to show the blog(s) associated, per member, a glaring missing item is this. O the other hand, go to http://triberr.com/ext/profile-tribe.php?tid=1815 and you’ll see that you can click to any member’s image to pull up their blog.

Dino suggested that he knows of tribe that would work better for you. I do not. I will acknowledge that, further to my suggestion that you look well t the blog in a tribe before jumping aboard, it would take a little time to find one or more that you should be in.

You wrote that you may likely leave Triberr. Many have, many will, and as businessmen, we want to look at what comes back to us for the cost of either:
A. vetting posts with the manual setting that you like or
B. the better solution for me – removing myself from tribes with too many “cat ladies,” building tribes slowly, with bloggers I trust, and then, graciously dealing with the fallout, when one of the usually good bloggers goes cat-lady on us.

In lieu of a parting shot, here’s something fun to try: get yourself into one of the tribes with about 1 million reach, set on manual, let through what you like, and see what love you get from Alexa. Then tell us that the good (value – to you, John) does not outweigh the bad and downright ugly that certainly is still going on in Triberr.



The first part of the opinion-sharing between John and I is in yesterday’s Triberr Tripping 1/2

Blog

Triberr Tripping 1/2
Social Media Makers Tribe Showcased
Triberr Trials & Tribulations