Thursday, September 1, 2011

http://osakabentures.com/2011/09/what...

http://osakabentures.com/2011/09/what-are-social-media-hours-getting-you/

What are social media hours getting you?

You Knew To Do It

You registered all over, and left a few SNS platforms, but you stayed with plenty, right? You either know better than to automate your outputs too much (or you will figure out in time that it is not the way to go). As such, you are probably spending well over an hour a day tweeting, updating, and blogging. You are making time for G+ (Google Plus) too, now.
Is There ROI – For Your Time?

If good stuff is coming your way, how long has this been going on? Can you trace hard results back to your efforts, correspondence, crap and creations in social media?

As for myself, coming to the end of 2010 I look forward to a 2011 in which I begin to see clients coming my way based on my Japanese blog (in the making). As for what I have taken away from thousands of hours of social media consumption and conversation, looking at where I am now, for 2010 it has been relationships.
Social Capital

The people I know and with whom I have social capital is certainly my most substantial achievement of this year. Several people who I would have to say that I knew marginally, I now know well. People who knew me by name**, location**, or general business-development for Japanese firms, now have a broader understanding of my core strengths. As such, several people have begun considering me for collaboration on projects. Many people I did not know at all are in my sights and/or I am on their mind, and just from 2010 my relationships with them have begun. These include people that I have no doubt I will either send work referrals or receive referrals from, and people that I will think to collaborate with. Even before real cooperative efforts get happening, already there has been some valuable sharing of ideas, along with the basic give-and-take on social media platforms, tools, and tactics to employ. In fact, my website would not have a blog on it at all, let alone two – without the generosity and patience of a very new but most treasured friend.
Relationships Forged Via Social Media

So much of this blossomed for me in early 2010, clearly like never before in my life. I must not be doing all the wrong things. New relationships and fostered relationships are, thus, certainly my most outstanding achievement for the year.
Sharing, Collaboration

How has 2011 been for you, in regards to sharing and collaboration? What has your time invested with us, in social media endeavors, paid off with? Surely relationships are a large part of your take-away from social networking.

Perhaps you are far ahead of me, though; are you also garnering actual paid work through what you do in social media? What was the tipping point for you: what made that happen?

** Who would associate me with a place? Perhaps I am thinking of my main Twitter/SKYPE/just about everywhere-handle, @osakasaul ?